Awesome Oven Baked Rib Eye Steak
Andy Anderson !
This recipe uses a rib eye steak, which I think gives you the best combination of good marbling, tenderness, and flavor; although feel free to experiment with other cuts. Thickness of the steak; however, is very important… a minimum of one inch.
Well, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
1 lbrib eye steak, 1 inch thick, get one from your butcher
1-2 tspsteak spices, more on this later
·black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
·kosher salt, to taste
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin, divided
2 Tbspsweet butter, unsalted
10 ozwhite button mushrooms, cleaned, and stems removed
How to Make Awesome Oven Baked Rib Eye Steak
- Chef’s Note: Although I am recommending a rib eye steak, the photos for the recipe use a KC Strip. This in no way changes the recipe, but it does illustrate that you can try different cuts of beef. The reason I recommend the rib eye, is that in my experimentation (so far), I find it the best cut to use for this technique, with the KC coming in a close second.
- Pat the steak dry with a few paper towels.
- Turn the steak over, and repeat on the other side.
- Allow the steak to sit out until it reaches room temperature. If it was originally in the refrigerator, this could take 30 to 45 minutes.
- Allow the steak to cook in the pan, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the steak over, and then take off the fire.
- Use an oven glove to remove the pan from the oven, and allow the steak to rest for five minutes (outside the pan), before cutting. Be careful, that pan and that handle are super hot.