Awesome Oven Baked Rib Eye Steak
Andy Anderson !
This recipe uses a rib eye steak, which I think gives you the best combination of good marbling, tenderness, and flavor; although feel free to experiment with other cuts. Thickness of the steak; however, is very important… a minimum of one inch.
Well, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 1 lb
- rib eye steak, 1 inch thick, get one from your butcher
- 1-2 tsp
- steak spices, more on this later
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin, divided
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet butter, unsalted
- 10 oz
- white button mushrooms, cleaned, and stems removed
How to Make Awesome Oven Baked Rib Eye Steak
- 1Chef’s Note: Although I am recommending a rib eye steak, the photos for the recipe use a KC Strip. This in no way changes the recipe, but it does illustrate that you can try different cuts of beef. The reason I recommend the rib eye, is that in my experimentation (so far), I find it the best cut to use for this technique, with the KC coming in a close second.
- 5Pat the steak dry with a few paper towels.
- 7Turn the steak over, and repeat on the other side.
- 10Allow the steak to sit out until it reaches room temperature. If it was originally in the refrigerator, this could take 30 to 45 minutes.
- 16Allow the steak to cook in the pan, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 18Flip the steak over, and then take off the fire.
- 22Use an oven glove to remove the pan from the oven, and allow the steak to rest for five minutes (outside the pan), before cutting. Be careful, that pan and that handle are super hot.