Italian Zucchini Cheese Casserole by Sharon
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 medium
- zucchini squash, sliced
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb
- low-fat cottage cheese or alternative*
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (optional)-(my addition)
- 2-3 medium
- fresh tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 c
- parmesan cheese or alternative, grated* (and/or mozzerella)*
- *to make vegan
How to Make Italian Zucchini Cheese Casserole by Sharon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°, and spray a 2 qt. casserole dish, with cooking spray.
- 2Saute zucchini and onion in oil, in large skillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Whip cottage cheese with basil, oregano and minced garlic in a blender.
- 4In prepared casserole dish, place alternating layers or zucchini, cottage cheese and tomato slices.
- 5Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Makes 6 servings at 130 calories per each serving.