Zippy Sandwich Loaf
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- prepared mustard
- 2 tsp
- poppy seeds
- loaf, italian bread
- sliced, salami, your favorite (cotto salami works well)
- sliced, swiss cheese
How to Make Zippy Sandwich Loaf
- 1Mix butter or margarine, mustard and poppy seeds together; set aside.
- 2Make cuts in bread loaf as if you were slicing for sandwiches but not all the way through. Make slices so that when done, you will have enough for sandwiches. In between first and second slices, spread mustard mixture on one of the slices, add a slice of salami and a slice of swiss cheese. Repeat all along loaf as if making sandwiches, without cutting them off the loaf.
- 3Wrap sandwich loaf in foil and bake in preheated 300 degree oven for 20 min.
To serve cut sandwiches off loaf.
Sandwich loaf can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.
- 4I took these to a pitch-in we were having at work. I made 3 loaves and we kept them warm on an electric griddle. Everyone loved them, even the skeptic.