★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 6 oz
- pancetta or bacon chopped
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic minced
- 3/4 lb
- swiss chard, ribs removed, leaves cut crosswise into thin strips
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth
- 3/4 lb
- whole wheat fettuccine or linguine
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter at room temperture
- 1/4 lb
- mild gorgonzola, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Whole Wheat Fettuccine w/Swiss Chard
- 1Make the sauce. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large frying pan warm the olive oil over medium heat Add pancetta or bacon and cook until browned, about 10 min. drain on a paper towel. Add garlic and saute until fragrent,about a minute. Add the swiss chard and broth,cover,reduce heat to medium low and simmer until wilted and flavors come together, about 6-8 min.
- 2Meanwhile, add salt to boiling water, about 2 tbs. (This is very important step to season your pasta while it cooks.)Add pasta and cook stirring occasionally to prevent sticking until al dente.
- 3When pasta is ready, drain and add to the swiss chard. Add reserved pancetta, butter and the gorgonzola and toss to combine so cheese can melt and all the flavors blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- 4COOKS TIP:Instead of Swiss Chard , you can use 2 cups chopped baby or regular spinach leaves, just reduce the cooking time to about 3-4 minutes.