You can also add a ricotta cheese layer if you like that in your lasagna, but its pretty great as is!
- yellow squash
- zucchini squash
- 2 pkg
- mozzerella/ italian cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pkg
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 large
- slicing tomato
- 16 oz
- pasta sauce
- baby portebello mushrooms sliced
- 2 tsp
- oregano, dried and basil each
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Veggie Lasagna
- 1Clean & dry all veggies. Use a mandolin (or very steady hand) to thinly slice the squash(es?) length wise about 1/4 to 1/3 inch. (the thinner the squash, the faster it cooks)
- 2Slice tomatoes (slightly thicker than squash)and mushrooms. Mix salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne, basil & garlic powder together and reserve in pinch bowl or shaker.
- 3Use squash as noodles for lasagna! Layer sauce (thin but enough to keep from sticking... "noodles", seasoning mixture, spinach, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, sauce and cheese; Repeat.Top with Remaining "noodles" and cheese.
- 4Cover with foil loosely, and place in 375 degree preheated oven. Bake for an hour and let cool for at least 10 mins. Enjoy!