Upside Down Fettucine Bake
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozturkey italian sausage
1/4 cchopped onions
16 ozdiced tomatoes
1 tsporegano, dried
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese, fat-free; divided
8 ozfettucine, cooked and drained
3/4 ceggbeaters (or 3 eggs)
2 Tbspparsley flakes
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Upside Down Fettucine Bake
- Cook and drain Fettucine. Meanwhile, brown sausage in an oven-proof skillet (ie, iron skillet)and drain. Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off stove and stir in Mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Toss the noodles with 1/4 cup parmesan, margarine, EggBeaters, parsley and garlic powder.
- Place fettucine mixture on top of the meat mixture in the skillet.
Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- The pasta will look dry when you remove it from the oven but no worries - it is fine.
Turn out onto a serving platter so the meat is on top. Cut into 8 wedges with a knife or pizza wheel.
- Serve with a tossed green salad.
NOTE: I prefer my sausage to be small so I use my chopper attachment for my blender and break up the meat into very small pieces.