Ultimate Party Meatballs (Ocean Spray Twist)
2 lbcoctail meatballs - i used italian style
14 ozcan of cranberry sauce (any type will do)
1 bottle12 oz chili sauce - i used heinz
3 clovegarlic (minced or use 1tbs powder) to taste
How to Make Ultimate Party Meatballs (Ocean Spray Twist)
- In a bowl, mix thoroughly together cranberry sauce, chili sauce and garlic. You can use with or without cranberries.
- Place meatballs in crockpot.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- This step should be adjusted to your crockpot cooking time. This one I used a new crockpot and it only took 1 hour (and it was boiling!). COOK: 1-1.5 hours on high, stirring once or twice.
- Low for 1 hour - then warm.
- Leftovers: great for meatball sandwiches with left over pasta sauce &melted/unmelted mozzarella cheese! Great for the next day lunch box also.
- The twist is what the garlic brings to this recipe. One other spin I used was: 1 or 2 tablespoons of left over red pasta sauce (marinara, etc). It gives it a savory undertone.