Tofurkey Italian Sausage and Peppers
- links hot or sweet tofurkey italian sausage
- 2 medium
- red bell peppers cut into strips
- 3-4 medium
- onions cut into strips
- button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch
- spinach, destemed
- 16 oz
- tomatoe sauce,jar
- 1 Tbsp
- 2-3 tsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- juiceof, lemon
- italian sub-rolls
How to Make Tofurkey Italian Sausage and Peppers
- 1you can broil or pan fry them, Tofurkey style sausages are best cooked until well browned.Make sure not to over cook
- 2Place sliced peppers and onions into a saucepan over medium heat, top with oregano and parsley,and Italian seasoning sprinkle with salt and black pepper and then drizzle with your olive oil.
- 3Be sure to stir this mixture every few minutes and continue to cook until the peppers and onions and soft but not mushy. (Approximately 20 minutes) Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. and then add the spinach and tomato sauce and just cook till warmed through and spinach is wilted. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over peppers and onions. and remove from heat.
- 4Slice your fresh Italian Sub-Rolls in half lengthwise and slice your sausage in half lengthwise too so it stays on the bun better place your sausages into the fold. Top with enough filling to fill the bun. Go ahead and make them messy, they're more fun that way!
- 5Serve and enjoy immediately.