Summer Squash Pizza
This is a great way to use up those extra tomatoes and zucchini and yellow squash you seam to have an abundance of this time of year!
- 1 medium
- 12-inch ready to use baked pizza crust
- 2 large
- plum tomatoes, sliced
- 3 Tbsp
- kraft tuscan house italian dressing, divided
- 1 small
- zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small
- yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 c
- kraft shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- kraft grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
How to Make Summer Squash Pizza
- 1Heat oven to 450^.
Place crust on baking sheet or(for extra crisp crust-bake directly on oven rack).Don't bake yet.
- 2Arrange tomatoes over crust; brush with 1 Tablespoon of the dressing.
Heat remaining dressing in a large skillet on med-hi heat. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender. Arrange over tomatoes; top with cheeses.( I added crispy bacon bits).
- 3Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and mozzarella is melted. Sprinkle with basil.
Squash mixture may be cooked, cooled and frozen up to 2 months. Thaw and drain before using to assemble pizza.
This would also be good using Susan's tortilla pizza idea.