Stuffed Cannonball Yellow Squash
- 1 lb
- hot & mild italian sausage 6 links
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp each - onion powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning,
- 1/2 cup of italian breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- cannonball yellow or green squash
- 2 small
- portabella mushrooms diced
- 1 can(s)
- small can or jar of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of water
How to Make Stuffed Cannonball Yellow Squash
- 1In a frying pan on top of the stove or in the oven cook the sausage links in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until fully cooked
Add the mushrooms and red roasted pepper, about 2 minutes before the sausage is completely cooked and lightly brown them.
- 2While the sausage is cooking, in a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, the dry ingredients and water.
Remove the sausage from heat let cool slightly and then in a food processor or blender, grind the meat to medium texture, add the cooked mushrooms and Peppers. Cut the top off each squash ball *like a little hat and set it aside. Spoon out the inside and discard.
- 3When the meat mixture is able to be handles add it to the bread crumb mixture and form small meatballs. Fill each squash with the meatball so that if comes out the top of the squash. Do this to each of them.
Place each filled squash ball in the pan and pour the rest of the sauce over them, put the little "hats" on.
Cook for 30 minutes, serve hot and enjoy