Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings
.........oooohy......yummy (wait, I said that).
I saw this recipe in a Food Network Magazine and thought how great it would be, because I could use Ina's Ricotta recipe (listed here.....) and my own Marinara recipe (also listed here "Marinara me"). Lee (my husband) just about lost his mind over this (he loves anything with my marinara).....and these dumplings are amazing!
My pictures don't do justice to how great it was, but I'll post anyway.
- kosher salt
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk ricotta
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 2 large
- freshly ground pepepr
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 c
- prepared marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, cut into pieces
- crusty bread for serving
How to Make Spinach and Ricotta Dumplings
- 3Bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a large skillet over medium heat. Whisk in the butter.
- 4Meanwhile, gently lower the dumplings into the simmering water and cook until they rise to the surface and are firm, about 5 minutes. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon, letting the water drain off, and add to the sauce. Gently toss to coat, then transfer to plates and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. Serve with bread.