Shells, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
Italian Comfort food!
- 1 lb
- shells pasta
- 2 can(s)
- 14 ounces cannellini beans
- 1/2 lb
- 2 c
- peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 4 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary
- hot pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- pecorino cheese (you can use parmesan)
How to Make Shells, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta
- 1In a large pan, add some olive oil and saute the garlic. Once the garlic turns golden, add the rosemary and the pancetta cut into small cubes.
- 2Let the pancetta color just a bit on all sides and add the white wine and hot pepper as desired. Let the alcohol completely evaporate.
- 3Drain the beans and add them to the pan and let everything cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes on medium heat.
- 5Separately cook the pasta and remove it when it al dente.
- 6Add to the pan the pasta and continue cooking everything together for 2-3 minutes by tossing all the ingredients. Add some pecorino cheese and toss a little more.
- 7Serve with a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil.