Shells, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
Italian Comfort food!
1 lbshells pasta
2 can(s)14 ounces cannellini beans
2 cpeeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
1/2 cdry white wine
1 Tbspfresh rosemary
·hot pepper to taste
·extra virgin olive oil
·pecorino cheese (you can use parmesan)
How to Make Shells, Cannellini Beans and Pancetta
- In a large pan, add some olive oil and saute the garlic. Once the garlic turns golden, add the rosemary and the pancetta cut into small cubes.
- Let the pancetta color just a bit on all sides and add the white wine and hot pepper as desired. Let the alcohol completely evaporate.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pan and let everything cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Separately cook the pasta and remove it when it al dente.
- Add to the pan the pasta and continue cooking everything together for 2-3 minutes by tossing all the ingredients. Add some pecorino cheese and toss a little more.
- Serve with a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil.