12 ozlinguine or speghetti
14 ozmedium shrimp or prawns, in their shells.
2 clovegarlic, minced
·minced chili pepper to taste
1/2 cwhite wine
·sea salt to taste
6 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Scampi
- Wash shrimp or prawns and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a skillet, warm 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add whole garlic, parsley, chili pepper and shrimp.
- Season shrimp with salt and cook, briefly, until the shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Deglaze pan with wine. Cook until the wine almost evaporates. (the shrimp remain in the pan.)
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the shrimp. If desired, peel the shrimp before adding the pasta.