My whole family enjoys these meatballs. For years my kids (now my Grandkids) would sit up on the counter and hand fold this mixture and then roll into meatballs. What fun is that?? The raisins in the give the meatballs give them a sweet bite too.
- 2 lb
- ground beef, lean
- 2 c
- hard italian bread, cubed (any kind will do)
- 1 c
- 1 small
- 3 clove
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh
- 1/4 c
- grated cheese,
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 can(s)
- crushed tomatoes, or favorite tomato sauce.
How to Make Raisin Meatballs
- 1Add Bread and milk in large bowl. Soak then press out extra milk from bread, discard excess milk and keep wet bread in bowl.
- 2In small processor puree onion and garlic, then add egg. Add contents to bread.
- 3Add raisins, basil, cheese, salt and pepper. Hand mix.
- 5Roll into golf size, or bigger balls.
- 6Fry in skillet in fry oil until brown. Remove from pan when done and replace with more meatballs to fry.
- 7When meatballs are all fried reserve about 1/4 cup of flavored oil in pan. Add cooked meatballs to skillet and then add 2 cans tomatoes. Season tomatoes, to liking. Simmer on low while boiling water for pasta. Serve with favorite pasta.