PRACTICALLY PERFECT PESTO (SALLYE)
It can be made ahead as it keeps well in fridge for a week or more.
- 2 c
- fresh basil leaves (firmly packed be generous)
- 2/3 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- pine nuts
- 1 pinch
- sea salt
- 1 pinch
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 c
- fresh finely grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
How to Make PRACTICALLY PERFECT PESTO (SALLYE)
- 1Wash basil leaves, place between paper towels and pat off excess moisture.
Be generous with the basil leaves as they are what gives the pesto flavor.
Place basil and pine nuts in food processor
Turn processor on, and while processor is running drizzle olive oil into the basil mix.
Add salt & pepper while processor is still running.
- 2***IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE PESTO IMMEDIATELY:
Turn food processor to pulse and dribble the cheese into the basil mixture just until well blended.
Turn food processor off and pour mixture over pasta or into the dish you are preparing.
- 3***IF YOU ARE GOING TO STORE IN FRIDGE FOR LATER USE, DO NOT ADD CHEESE AT THIS TIME.
Pour pesto mix into airtight container and store in fridge for up to 10 days.
When ready to use, remove from fridge, allow to come to room temperature and then blend in cheese.
Pour over pasta or add to whatever dish you are preparing.
- 4Easy, huh?