Pizza ala' Shelia and Patrick
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 c
- warm water (105 to 115 degrees f)
- 1 tsp
- 4 tsp
- olive oil
- 5-7 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- pizza sauce
- pizza toppings *note: pizza toppings below
THIS RECIPE MAKES 2-14 INCH PIZZA'S, OR, 1-12 INCH AND 1-16 INCH PIZZA, WHICH IS WHAT I MADE
NOTE: CARAMELIZE THE ONIONS AND PREPARE ALL PIZZA TOPPINGS WHILE THE DOUGH IS RISING
How to Make Pizza ala' Shelia and Patrick
- 3Put the dough in a large greased bowl. Turn the dough once to grease top. Cover with a light weight dish towel and let rise in warm place, free from draft, for about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk. Punch the dough down.
I have a lot of yeast spores in my kitchen and the dough will rise while sitting on the counter, however, you can place the bowl with your dough in your oven with a pan of warm water sitting on the rack below the bowl. That should keep it warm enough to rise.
- 4Brush 2-14 inch pizza pans with oil and then sprinkle with cornmeal. Divide the dough into 2 balls and lay each ball of dough onto your pans. Using your fingers, gently press dough across bottom of each pan, forming a collar around the edge to hold in toppings. Brush or spoon pizza sauce onto pizza within 1/2 inch of edge. *NOTE: If you use too much pizza sauce your pizza will be soggy.
- 6NOTE:PIZZA TOPPINGS: To assemble pizza: Put pieces of soft mozzarella cheese and provolone cheese on top of pizza sauce, lay on caramelized onions, olives sliced, small pineapple chunks, mushrooms sliced thin, sweet mini peppers sliced thin, and garlic minced fine. Add grated parmigiano reggiano cheese on top.