Penne eggplant and mozzarella
- 6 large
- fresh in season plum tomato's
- 1 small
- in season eggplant
- 150 g
- mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- each person, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove
- 100 g
- each person, pasta (penne)
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh basil
- grated cheese of your preference about a third of a cup
- half of a chili pepper if you like spicy or as much as u prefer
How to Make Penne eggplant and mozzarella
- 1Wash and blanche tomato's in boiling water for 1 minute let cool peel off the skin and dice about half an inch thick.
- 2Wash and peel eggplant and slice about quarter of an inch thick , then again in long thin slices .
- 3Place the oil in a deep frying pan or small wok add garlic and chili pepper,also add the eggplant to pan when oil gets hot but not smoking,saute until it softens a little while stiring.
- 4Add the diced tomato's to the pan and let them soften in oil while stiring, then add half a cup of water and basil sprig, if you sauce tends to dry add a liitle more water should altogether cook for about 15 minutes or until eggplant is cooked . Your sauce is ready.
- 5Dice the mozzarella cheese in quarter inch pieces and set aside.
- 6Cook your pasta to however you prefer it not overcooked .Drain well and add to you sauce and mix,add the mozzarella and the grated cheese and mix,place in your serving dishes add a few basil leaves if you like just for the presentation.