Panko Zucchini Quiche
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8baby bella mushrooms
2bell peppers (red or green)
1 bunchbasil, fresh
1 Tbspitalian blend spices
1 Tbspgarlic, fresh
4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 tspblack truffle oil (optional)
1onions, vidalia, peeled
1 Tbspwhite and/or black pepper
·kosher salt to taste
1 cpanko bread crumbs
1medium yellow potato
How to Make Panko Zucchini Quiche
- Preheat Oven to 400f.
Line a large baking dish (pyrex is amazing) with baking spray.
- Cut Zucchini in halves, removing ends and then slice zucchini long ways into thin "sheets". Save the rest of the zucchini for more layers to come.
Slice all other veggies into small cubes.
- Brown the potato, onion, mushroom, basil and 1/2 the peppers in a skillet. After the veggies are browned, turn off heat and let sweat for 3 minutes.
- Lay the browned veggies over the first layer of zucchini in your baking pan.
- Whisk eggs and the rest of your peppers and all your delicious spices and garlic into a large bowl.
Pour mixture over the second layer of zucchini in your baking dish.
- Shake panko crumbs over the entire dish. Sprinkle additional salt, pepper and italian spices as desired (its okay, go nuts!).
- Cover dish with foil ("shiny side down" I can hear my mom saying still....) and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue for 10 minutes.
Make 6 large servings.
Tip for Kids: Cover with some ketchup like you would for meatloaf post bake to add a familiar flavor for the young ones.