Mozzarella Stuffed Tomatoes and grilled Sweet Italian Sausage
4 largevine ripened tomatoes
1 cmozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 cseasoned bread crumbs
2 cloveminced garlic
1/4 cvirgin olive oil
·fine sea salt and black pepper
1 pkgsweet italian sausage links
How to Make Mozzarella Stuffed Tomatoes and grilled Sweet Italian Sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut the tops off the tomatoes and, using a spoon, hollow out the middle. Salt and pepper inside of tomatoes
- . In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. Place the stuffing in the tomatoes, taking care not to pack them too tight. (optional: sprinkle with parmesan cheese to top for a bit of a crispy texture)
- Place on a baking sheet (can wrap each tomato bottom in foil) and transfer to the oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Alternate cooking method:
Wrap tomatoes in foil (leaving opened tomato top uncovered) and place on grill and cook till cheese is thoroughly melted and lightly brown on top.
- Serving size is 1 tomato per person. Filling enough for a main dish when paired with sausage. Great served with sweet italian sausage and a salad! Enjoy!!