Mozzarella Stuffed Tomatoes and grilled Sweet Italian Sausage
- 4 large
- vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/4 c
- virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pkg
- sweet italian sausage links
How to Make Mozzarella Stuffed Tomatoes and grilled Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut the tops off the tomatoes and, using a spoon, hollow out the middle. Salt and pepper inside of tomatoes
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. Place the stuffing in the tomatoes, taking care not to pack them too tight. (optional: sprinkle with parmesan cheese to top for a bit of a crispy texture)
- 4Place on a baking sheet (can wrap each tomato bottom in foil) and transfer to the oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- 5Alternate cooking method:
Wrap tomatoes in foil (leaving opened tomato top uncovered) and place on grill and cook till cheese is thoroughly melted and lightly brown on top.
- 6Serving size is 1 tomato per person. Filling enough for a main dish when paired with sausage. Great served with sweet italian sausage and a salad! Enjoy!!