Amanda A. Becker
★★★★★ 1 vote5
MEDITERRANEAN ANGEL HAIR PASTA
1 pkgangel hair pasta
6-8 ozfeta cheese
1/2 bunchfresh basil (cut up or shredded)
1 pkgbaby sweet peppers (chopped)
1/2 jar(s)kalamata olives (chopped)
1 bunchcherry tomatoes (chopped in half)
1/4 cpepperoncini peppers
1 cchicken broth, low salt
4-8 ozolive oil
2-4 ozbalsamic vinegar (white is fine, too)
1 pkgchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1 colive oil
1/4 cfresh basil (chopped)
·salt & pepper for taste
·garlic powder for taste
1/2 pkgcherry tomatoes
4-6 ozfeta cheese
How to Make Mediterranean Love
- Prepare the chicken first. This takes the longest to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a glass baking dish with olive oil. Size depends on how many chicken breasts you have.
- Place chicken in dish. Cover with olive oil.
- Salt & pepper (& garlic powder) generously.
- Spread chopped basil generously on top of the chicken.
- Set timer for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven's temperature. Chicken juice should run clear when done.
- As it's cooking continue every 8-10 minutes to baste the chicken with the olive oil. This keeps the chicken moist.
- Place right beside or on top of pasta when done.
- Pasta time!
- Get a big pot of water going. Season the water!
- You'll need salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil. This makes the pasta not so sticky when it comes out. Wait for the water to be boiling.
- Angel hair cooks fast so don't overcook it. About 7-9 minutes should do it proper.
- Chop up all the veggies to your liking and set them aside.
- Strain pasta. Don't burn yourself on the steam.
- When pasta is done, pour olive oil, vinegar, and one cup of heated chicken broth into pasta. Stir well and make sure it's evenly coated. The brother keeps the pasta flavorful and moist. Also great for reheating purposes!
- Dump in veggies. Mix well.
- Salt & Pepper
- Put feta in, mix well. Since the pasta is hot it'll probably start to melt. This is the best!
- When you're about to serve, dump fresh cucumbers and tomoatoes on top. That mixture of hot and cold, melty and crisp is fabulous!
- Salad Time!
- You'll need a medium sized salad bowl.
- Chop up the cucumber into chunks, put in bowl.
- Take whole cherry tomatoes and put into bowl.
- Salt & pepper
- Pour feta on top.
- Wait to put the olive oil and vinegar on right before you eat, as cucumber will immediately absorb the acidic vinegar. No one wants a mushy cucumber!
- Optional: Asparagus as an added side dish:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- in a glass baking dish put in asparagus.
- Drench with olive oil.
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Asparagus should be tender, and be able to be pierced easily by a fork.
- Optional: Mozzarella Caprese instead of Greek salad
- whole tomatoes, sliced thickly
- mozzarella (the balls in water do nicely)
- fresh basil (whole leaves on each slice)
- Place tomato first, then basil, then sliced mozzarella.
- Drizzle olive oil and vinegar and you're good to go!