Somewhere in between lasagna, parmesean and meat loaf. Best of all worlds.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
1 lbground pork
2 slicewhite bread with crust cut off
5 clovegarlic chopped
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce of your choice, or homeade. i used a romano and parmesean sauce
1/4 cchopped fresh basil
8 ozmozzarella cheese
6 ozricotta cheese
1/4 cmilk to soak white bread in, not in loaf
THINK, MAKING MEATLOAF
How to Make Meatloaf Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Put bread in milk and soak for a few minutes while getting things ready
- saute to almost carmelized, your chopped onion. Last minute or two, add garlic. Squeeze in ketchup, add mustard, worchester, italian seasoning to pan and stir together. No more heat needed.
- Mix eggs, bread, onion mixture(everything in saute pan)into your meat mixture, just like a meat loaf. Seperate your meat loaf into 2 pieces.
- Make one layer of meatloaf and place in loaf pan. Now layer with the ricotta cheese and some shredded mozzarella. (you can mix the 2 together prior to filling)
- Now place next layer of meat loaf on top and pour 1/2 jar or generously cover top of loaf with sauce. (you will save the remainder for warm sauce per slice after cooking). Make sure your meat layers are nicely sealed on the sides to prevent cheese from leaking out
- Bake meat loaf on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Use remainder of shredded mozzarella on top for last 15 minutes to melt. Drain juices and let cool before slicing. This is very important, this time lets you cheese set also.
- Slice meatloaf and top with remaining spaghetti sauce and serve!
- I served with thin spaghetti, sauced with roasted garlic and olive oil. I also served spinach as a side dish. Lots of lasagne recipies call for spinach!