1 Jar jar(s)prego spagetti sauce any flavor
3 or more mediumpackaged italian sausage
1 mediumeggplant, peeled & cubed in 1 inch pcs.
4 mediumzuccinni sliced 1/8 inch rounds
·garlic powder to taste
How to Make Low carb Prego spagetti
- Precook italian sausage any way you like. Slice into 1/4 inch rounds. Mix into Prego sauce.
- If you do not like zucchini, you can leave it out. If you like it, pan saute until done.
- The sauted zucchini can be used instead of pasta as a bed for the Prego.
- You can also slice, lightly flour and pan fry the eggplant and use instead of pasta.
- If you are using zucchini as the bed for the Prego, pan saute the cubed eggplant and add to sauce. If you are using the eggplant as the substitution for the pasta, slice in 1/8 inch rounds, lightly flour and saute.
- Add garlic powder and dry parmesan cheese to sauce.
- Place Prego, sausage, seasonings, and veggies in microwave covered casserole dish. Microwave 10 min. on High. (All the ingredience are already cooked, so you only have to combine and cook until hot.
- Ladle sauce over eggplant slices or zucchini. I sprinkle more parm cheese on top and finely shredded basil.