Low Carb/Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza
The way I prepared this and cut into 12 pieces, the nutritional information is: 115 calories, 2g carbs, 8g fat, 11g of protein.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 ccooked, riced cauliflower
1 cmozzarella cheese
1/2 tspcrushed garlic
1/2 tspgarlic salt
·olive oil - optional
·toppings of your choice
How to Make Low Carb/Gluten Free Cauliflower Pizza
- TO RICE THE CAULIFLOWER: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks.
- Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater).
- Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself. After microwaving, squeeze the excess water from the cauliflower.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- TO MAKE THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg, and mozzarella.
- Add oregano, crushed garlic, and garlic salt; stir. You can tweak this recipe by adding or subtracting ingredients to more suit your family's tastes.
- Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round, or whatever shape pan you are using. I use my Pampered Chef rectangular baking stone.
- OPTIONAL: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
- Bake cauliflower crust at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Over temps vary so please don't forget to check on your crust.
- Remove crust from oven when golden brown.
- Now is the time to add your sauce, toppings, and cheese.
- Place pizza back in oven and broil on high just until cheese is slightly browned and melted.
- ENJOY! :D
- NUTRITION FACTS:
Servings Per Recipe: 4-6
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 10.8 g
Saturated Fat 6.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.2 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 200.2 mg
Potassium 121.6 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 9.4 g