Laura's Lemon Risotto
remember fresh is always best. but you can use what you like also.
- 6 c
- chicken broth,
- 3 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed and chopped
- green onions, chopped fine
- 2 c
- arborio rice
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese, grated.
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 4 tsp
- grated lemon peel
How to Make Laura's Lemon Risotto
- 1Bring broth to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce to low, cover to keep warm.
Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter with oil in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Add garlic and saute for a minute or so then add onions,. Saute until tender crisp. about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add Rice; stir 1 minute or so. Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time. Allow broth to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently until rice is creamy and tender, about 35 minutes.
- 3Stir in cheese and remaining 2 tbsp. butter.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and lemon peel.
Season Risotto with salt and pepper.
Watch it disappear.
its even good cold... please enjoy. xoxoxo laura