2 Tbspolive oil
4 Tbspolive oil
2 1/2 lbtomatoes, peel and chopped
3 sprig(s)basil ( 1/2 tsp dried basil)
1 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
8 ozmozzarella cheese, sliced
How to Make Days Eggplant Parmesan
- Trim and peel eggplant and thinly cut them lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Allow to drain 1 hr in colander..... to eliminate bitter juices.
- Wipe eggplant slices dry
- Fry them in HOT olive oil until golden brown and drain on paper towels
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in pan
- Add the tomatoes and basil, and cook until tomatoes are soft and thick like a sauce, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in a shallow, wide baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on slices and cover with a few slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread tomato sauce and beaten egg on eggplant.
- Repeat layering until all ingredients are used, topping with eggplant lightly sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
- Bake in a moderate oven (375ºF) uncovered for about 40 minutes.