Italiano Egg Drop Soup
- 6-8 c
- low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp
- juice from a fresh lemon
- 1 clove
- fresh garlic (finely grated)
- 2 tsp
- sea salt (optional)
- 4 Tbsp
- coarsely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- italian flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1-2 pinch
- freshly ground black pepper
- chives for garnish (optional)
How to Make Italiano Egg Drop Soup
- 1In a medium or large pot add the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt and heat to a simmer over medium heat. Usually takes about 3-4 min.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until well blended. Then add the parmesan to the egg and stir.
- 3Now take the egg mixture and slowly in a circular motion pour over the broth to create ribbons or rags. Cook an additional minute or until the eggs are set.
- 4Just before serving stir in the Italian parsley and fresh ground black pepper.
- 5Serve in a pretty soup cup or bowl and garnish with additional parmesan or chives with crackers, bread, or toasted cheese sandwiches.