Italian White Bean Soup
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, chopped
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 3 c
- chopped spinach
- 2 can(s)
- chicken broth, low salt
- 1/8 lb
- proscuitto, thin sliced and chopped in small pieces
- 2 can(s)
- white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 dash(es)
- italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp
- crused red pepper, or to taste
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- extra vigin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- crushed garlic
- grated parmesano reggiano to taste each serving
How to Make Italian White Bean Soup
- 1Saute garlic and red pepper in extra virgin olive oil until garlic is slightly cooked and soft. Add the prosciutto, chopped onion and celery and cook until the celery is soft and onion is translucent, and prosciutto is slightly crisp.
- 2Then add the broth and cook until the broth is hot, then add the canned beans and bring to a boil for 3 minutes and add the chopped Spinach and turn down heat and allow to simmer just 5 minutes then serve hot.
- 3Add Grated Parmesano Reggiano Cheese to each serving as per individual taste.
Great served with warm Italian Bread!