Italian Tomato or Roasted Red Pepper Whole Wheat Bagel Sandwich
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- sliced and toasted whole wheat bagel
- spreadable cream cheese
- big red ripe tomato
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- romaine lettuce leaves
- sliced cucumbers
- fresh mozzarella
ITALIAN SEASONED TOMATOES
SUBSTITUTE TOMATOES WITH ROASTED RED PEPPERS IF YOU LIKE
How to Make Italian Tomato or Roasted Red Pepper Whole Wheat Bagel Sandwich
- 1Slice your tomato and drizzle slices with olive oil. Sprinkle Oregano and salt on top of tomato slices.
- 2Toast your whole wheat bagel and spread cream cheese on to both or one side of the bagel. Top with tomato slices (as much as you like) and add any additional toppings you like.
- 3Sometimes instead of tomatoes you can use roasted red pepper either from a store bought jar or homemade.
- 4You can also use any type of bread you like. I think toasted is best or even pressed in a panini maker to warm the sandwich and crisp it up.