Italian Pasta Salad
16 oztricolor rotini (spiral vegetable pasta)
6 mediumroma tomatoes
1 bunchbroccoli, bunch
1 can(s)sliced black olives
1 bottlezesty italian dressing
2 tspsalad herbs or tarragon
1 tsplemon pepper
How to Make Italian Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta with salt according to package instructions.
DO NOT OVERCOOK
Once cooked, drain and run cold water over it.
Place in large salad bowl.
- Stripe cucumbers with a fork (Place fork on end of cucumber and slide it down the length) then slice into discs
- Cut roma tomatoes into bite sizes
Roma tomatoes have the best flavor. If you can't find Roma tomatoes then use cherry tomatoes and cut in half)
- Use only the florets of the broccoli and some of the stem
Pull apart if big clusters.
- Place, broccoli, tomatoes, olives(drained), cucumbers in a with the pasta.
- Dust the salad with Salad Herbs or Tarragon (
NOT SALAD SEASONING) and Lemon Pepper.
These spices give the salad a distinct flavoring.
- Use 2/3 of the bottle of Italian dressing.
That way the pasta and veggies absorb the flavor.
Just before serving add remainder of dressing and stir.
You can also add small Pepperoni slices (Optional)
- Bon Appetit