Italian Goat cheese Crostini
2-3 ccherry tomatoes cut in fourths
1/4 cred onion chopped small
4-6 largegarlic cloves chopped small
2handfulls of fresh basil, chopped, sliced or torn
4 ozsoft unripened goat cheese crumbles
2 1/2 ozshaved parmesan and romano cheese blend
2-3 Tbspolive oil
·coarse sea salt or flakes
·fresh ground pepper
·loaf of bread of your choice
How to Make Italian Goat cheese Crostini
- Cut up tomatoes and let set in strainer while you work on the rest of the chopping, so that the extra juice will drip off and your topping will not be too runny and make your bread soggy faster.
- Chop up onion, garlic and basil to the size you desire. I like to chop the onion and garlc somewhat fine and cut the basil in strips.
- Put tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil in a larg bowl and add the cheeses, mix and set aside.
- If bread is not pre-sliced, slice into peices. (i like to use a beguette, other crusty good bread or a small sized loaf) Toast sliced bread till very well toasted, nice and crunchy, I like to use a toster oven. This can take different amounts of time depending on the bread so watch closely.
- Arrange toast on a plater or on plates and top with even amounts of the tomato and cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with a small stream of olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and peper. Serve immediately.