Grilled Zucchini Parmesean Pizza
This is a great appetizer or main course to serve family and friends. Grilled zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and onions, brushed with olive oil and lightly seasoned. The smokey flavor of grilling enhances the mozzerella and the veggies. Top it off with a light dusting of parmesean and you are set.
- ready made pizza shell or your homemade crust baked 10 minutes
- 1 medium
- zucchini, sliced 1/4 in on the diagonal so it doesn't fall through the grates
- 1 small
- red onion, quartered
- 1 medium
- green pepper, quartered
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 c
- mozzerella, shredded
- 1/8 c
- freshly grated parmesean
- olive oil, for crust and veggies
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
How to Make Grilled Zucchini Parmesean Pizza
- 1If you are using your homemade crust recipe. Bake the crust in the oven until lightly brown on the bottom about 10 minutes. Allow to cool and flip it, so the browned side is facing up. If using a bread shell move to step 2.
- 2Prepare your grill and spray grill grates with cooking spray. While waiting for the grill brush zucchini, red onion, peppers, and tomatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper over veggies. Thread peppers, onion, and tomatoes on skewers.
- 3Place veggie skewers on grill and lay zucchini slices out. Grill until light grill marks are formed and turn. Repeat on the other side of skewers and zucchini. Remove from grill while you assemble pizza.
- 4Brush bread shell or pizza crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with minced garlic. Top with mozzerella. Arrange zucchini slices. Slice other grilled veggies to bite sized pieces. Half the tomatoes. Arrange veggies evenly over pizza.
- 5Place pizza back on grill. Close lid and bake until cheese has melted and veggies are tender about 10 minutes. Remove from grill and sprinkle with parmesean cheese. Top with fresh basil leaves (optional).
- 6Slice in squares for appetizers or regular slices for a main dish. Enjoy!