Grilled Pizza Mini's
If your family likes other toppings... go for it!
Grilling the pizza mini's adds extra flavor the bodes well.
For 4th of July, we made hearts and stars showing that we love America! It was extra fun!
*** You can make large pizzas like this too, but are more apt to have "hot spots" and the large ones are a bit harder to handle.
1batch of your favorite pizza dough recipe
2 pkgrefrigerorator pizza dough
TOPPINGS FOR CAPRESE MINI'S
3 largetomatoes (sliced very thin)
1 bunchfresh basil leaves
·garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
·provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese (sliced thin or cubed)
·olive oil, extra virgin
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS FOR OTHER PIZZA MINI'S
·various cheeses, various cooked meats, pepperoni
·sauted veggeies: onion, green pepper, red pepper, green onions,
How to Make Grilled Pizza Mini's
- Light your grill. It should be medium heat.
- Roll our refrigerated dough (or your own recipe)to desired thickness. Use a biscuit or cookie cutter (can or glass will work too), to make circles of the rolled out dough. (You can re-roll the scraps to use them up too).
**** You can have fun by making hearts, stars or other shapes!
Place these on wax paper lined pan that has a light sprinkle of flour on it.
- Slice up the cheese and tomatoes. Pull the leaves off of basil bunch stems.
Gather up your spices and olive oil... and head out to the grill!
- Put a brushing of olive oil on both sides of dough circles. Place on grill, cook about 3 minutes or until there are nice grill marks.
Turn over, sprinkle crusts lightly with garlic powder.
Add the tomatoes, then cheese, then basil leaves (one or two leaves). Salt and Pepper to taste.
Grill until the cheese melts. (About 3 - 5 minutes), all the while making sure your pizzas aren't burning or near a "hot spot".
- *** If you don't care for these ingredients... make them with cooked sausage bits, pepperoni, veggies that are sauted and a little pizza or spaghetti sauce. How ever your family likes them...
*** Don't be afraid of making too many... if they aren't eaten right away... they are good cold or reheated later!
*** You can do the prep for this recipe ahead of time so you aren't rushed and can relax and enjoy your family and friends...
*** I have made bigger ones using flour tortillas and pita bread... they are good too.