This is a great way to get the kids involved and let them create their own mini pizza.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1-2 pkg
- pillsbury pizza dough, or you can make your own or buy it already made.
- 1 bag(s)
- mozzarella cheese, i also like to use fresh mozzarella
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce. i use the 15oz.
- oregano, dried
- toppings of your choice
- sprinkle of corn meal
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Grilled Pizza
- 1Fire up your grill. On one side have it set to high heat and other low.
- 2Get all your topping chopped up and ready to go, then, Roll out your dough on corn meal and brush the top with olive oil.
- 3Place dough on the high heat side of the grill oil side down. Keep an eye on it as you only want it to brown to a golden color. Take off the grill and add your sauce on the grilled side sprinkle with oregano and add you cheese and topping.
- 4Place pizza back on the grill only this time on the low heat side. Cook until cheese is melted. I like to check the bottom of the pizza to make sure it does not burn. You can also bake it in the oven instead of placing it back on the grill.
- 5I love making pizza with fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and tomatoes. I keep my sauce simple as to not take away from the other ingredients, but to enhance them.