Game Day Italian Meatball Party Subs!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- garlic french bread
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp
- dried italian seasoning
- 3/4 tsp
- anise seed or fennel seed
- 3 oz
- butter, room temperature
- 3/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lb
- frozen meatballs, thawed to room temperature
- large jar of prego spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 4 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil for drizzling on top
How to Make Game Day Italian Meatball Party Subs!
- 1Spray 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Slice the bread into 3/4 inch slices and place snugly into the baking dish.
- 3Combine cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and anise or fennel. Mix well and spread on top of all the bread slices.
- 4Cut meatballs in half and place them in tight rows over the whole top of casserole, making sure the rounded part is on top.
- 5Next, spoon spaghetti sauce over the top. You don't want it really soggy so just enough to lightly cover.
- 6Top with mozzarella cheese. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top of mozzarella. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted to your liking!
Then just use a spatula to remove them from pan and enjoy!