Game Day Italian Meatball Party Subs!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1garlic french bread
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
2 tspdried italian seasoning
3/4 tspanise seed or fennel seed
3 ozbutter, room temperature
3/4 tspgarlic powder
1 1/2 lbfrozen meatballs, thawed to room temperature
1large jar of prego spaghetti sauce, any flavor
4 cmozzarella cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
·olive oil for drizzling on top
How to Make Game Day Italian Meatball Party Subs!
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 3/4 inch slices and place snugly into the baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and anise or fennel. Mix well and spread on top of all the bread slices.
- Cut meatballs in half and place them in tight rows over the whole top of casserole, making sure the rounded part is on top.
- Next, spoon spaghetti sauce over the top. You don't want it really soggy so just enough to lightly cover.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Add the Parmesan cheese to the top of mozzarella. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted to your liking!
Then just use a spatula to remove them from pan and enjoy!