Fresh Mozzarella, Spinach and Tomato Grilled Cheese
- 4 slice
- whole wheat bread(whole wheat italian bread is good for this)
- 2 Tbsp
- prepared pesto sauce
- 4 oz
- fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- roma tomato, cut in thin slices
- 1/2 c
- baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Fresh Mozzarella, Spinach and Tomato Grilled Cheese
- 1Heat small skillet over med heat. Spread two slices of bread with the pesto sauce. On top of pesto, layer half of the mozzarella slices, the tomato slices, the spinach and the other half of the mozzarella slices. Top with remaining two slices of bread. Brush top pieces of bread with olive oil. Lay in preheated skillet oil side down. Reduce heat to medium-low. Brush the remaining two slices of bread, now facing up, with oil. Grill each side til golden brown, and cheese is melty.
- 2Tip: Putting a lid on the skillet will allow the cheese to melt faster.