Easy Rosemary Bread
1 cwarm water
2 1/2 cflour
1 tsptable salt
1 tspsea salt
1 1/2 Tbspfresh rosemary, if you don't have fresh use 2 teaspoons of dried
How to Make Easy Rosemary Bread
- Place yeast, sugar and water in large bowl or food processor and allow mixture to become bubbly.
Mix in 1 T butter, table salt, and 2 cups of flour.
Add one tablespoon of the fresh chopped rosemary. Can use less rosemary if you like a lighter rosemary taste.
- Knead for about 10 minutes by hand or in food processor about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
Add more flour if necessary.
- Oil a bowl, put dough in it and cover with a towel.
Let dough rise in a warm place for one hour until doubled.
Punch down dough and divide in half.
Let dough rest about 5 minutes.
- Spray baking pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Grease your hands with olive oil as the dough is sticky.
Shape the dough into 2 small rounded oval loaves.
Sprinkle remaining rosemary over the loaves and press lightly into the surface.
Let loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Put a small pan of water in the oven to help make the crust perfect.
Brush the remaining butter on top of loaves 8-10 mins before they are done baking.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Sprinkle with sea salt on top once done.
***If you want a softer crust, you can wait to brush the loaves with butter after taken out of the oven.
*** can freeze