Easy Roasted Ratatouille
How to Make Easy Roasted Ratatouille
- Slice eggplant into circles about 1/3 inch thick. Sprinkle liberally with salt and set them in a colander to drain for 1-2 hours. This will remove most of the bitterness eggplant can have along with the juices, so it won’t be a mushy mess after cooking. Don’t worry, we’ll be rinsing the salt off.
- Slice the zucchini and onion also around 1/3 inch thick and set aside.
- Heat a pot of water to boiling. Add the Roma tomatoes and blanch for about a minute. Remove, drop them in ice water. They should now peel easily. Remove peels. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and gently squeeze out the watery seeds. Cut the remaining tomato into bite-size squares, I just cut each half into a quarter.
- After 1-2 hours, some brown liquid should be under the colander. Dump the liquid and give the eggplant slices a quick rinse in cold water to remove any remaining salt. Shake or pat dry.
- In a large baking dish, alternate the eggplant, zucchini, tomato and onion in rows. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with a bit of marinara and a couple thin slices of mozarella cheese. Put back into the oven to melt the cheese.