Deer Meat stuff Bell Peppers
1cup cooked white or brown rice
4green bell peppers, halved and seeded
1pound ground venison
1tablespoon olive oil
1bunch green onions, thinly sliced, divided
1teaspoon dried basil
1teaspoon italian seasoning
1pinch ground black pepper
4 mediumtomatoes, diced
1 1/4cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make Deer Meat stuff Bell Peppers
- 1,Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2,Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and skin starts to brown.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half the green onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in ground venison and cook until browned
- Spoon in the cooked rice, tomatoes, and the remainder of the green onions and stir until heated through. Remove from heat,mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.