Cornmeal/Polenta Crust Pizza
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cyellow cornmeal
1 tspsalt (optional)
1/2 tspfresh ground black pepper
1/2 tspbasil, dried
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1 tspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 ctomato paste, italian (mixed with)
1/2 cred bell pepper (sliced) about 1/2 of a medium red bell pepper
1/2 cgreen bell pepper(sliced)about 1/2 of a medium green bell pepper
1/4 cred onion(sliced)about 1/2 small red onion
1/8 cmushrooms, fresh(sliced) about 8
3-4links of vegan sausages(sliced)
2 Tbspblack olives(sliced)
3 clovegalic(sliced very finely)
How to Make Cornmeal/Polenta Crust Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 425
- spray two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with nonfat cooking spray
- Line the bottoms of each pan with circles of parchment paper
- To make polenta, put the water, cornmeal, salt, and seasonings into a large microwavable casserole dish or 1-quart measure.
- Cook at full power for 4 minutes
- Stir well and cook again at high power for 2 more minutes
- Stir again and cook at high power for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave, stir in the olive oil, and beat with a spoon until completely smooth
- Spread the polenta evenly in the bottom of the two pans
- Place the pans in the oven and bake for 12 minutes
- While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings
- Sauté the vegetables lightly in a non-stick pan until onion begins to soften
- After 12 minutes, take the crusts out of the oven and invert them onto a large baking sheet, side by side.
- They should fall right out of the pan with the parchment paper stuck to them. Peel away the parchment.
- Spread each crust with pizza sauce (don't use too much or they will be soggy) and top with veggies and vegan sausage
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic.
- Return to the oven for about 10 minutes, until toppings look done.
- Lift off the baking sheet carefully using a large spatula and your hand--they are not sturdy like regular pizza, so be careful not to let your toppings slide off.
- Cut into fourths and serve..Enjoy