Cheesy French Bread Pizza
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- loaves of french bread
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2-3/4 c
- chopped green onion
- 1/2 c
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 3-4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 stick
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- freshly grated parmesan (optional)
- marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
How to Make Cheesy French Bread Pizza
- 1In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- 2Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- 4Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over loaves. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve with or without marinara sauce for dipping.