Cathy"s famous grilled cheese sandwich!
I prefer to use homemade breads or gourmet breads. The secret is how I prepare the bread prior to grilling. You can also add a variety of gourmet meats, vegetables, peppers as well! It can be a fun, gourmet meal.
Enjoy and Aloha!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·2 pieces of bread per serving
·real, salted butter
·cheese, shredded of your choice/or a combination
·optional: meat of your choice
·optional: vegetables of your choice
·optional: peppers of your choice
How to Make Cathy"s famous grilled cheese sandwich!
- Set your sliced bread aside.
- Your butter should be at room temperature. In a bowl, mix the garlic salt with the butter (you can use salted/unsalted "real butter").
- With a spatula, apply the seasoned butter to the bread. Set aside.
- Prepare the cheese, meat or any vegetables including hot /mild peppers you choose.
- Prepare your sandwiches. Make sure the vegetables, peppers, and meat is in the middle of the cheese. Heat your skillet.
- Add parmesan to the outside butter/garlic mixture once you begin to grill/toast your bread.. Yum!
- Grill on med heat to give the cheese time to melt without burning the bread! It should be golden brown. Slice and enjoy my award winning creation! Please give me your thoughts or questions!