BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI
4 Tbspevoo, divided
1medium sweet yellow onion, diced
1 Tbspitalian seasoning, dried
1/4cup each~fresh oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme
28 oz can(s)diced tomatoes~**do not drain**~
·salt and pepper to taste
1/4cup basil, julienned
·fresh grated parmesan (not the kind in the green can)
1 lbdry spaghetti or angel hair pasta
How to Make BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI
- In a stock pot, put about 4 qts of water and heat on med-hi. Cover. This can be coming to the boil while you are making the sauce.
- In a deep skillet, heat evoo on med-hi till shimmery. Add onion; saute about 3 minutes, stirring constantly till opaque. Add garlic and lower heat to med. Stir constantly for one minute so it doesn't burn.
- Add fresh herbs to onion and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes. It will get very aromatic.
- Add tomatoes and allow to simmer till most of juice has evaporated.
Add fresh julienned basil and stir about 15 seconds. Remove pan from heat and cover.
- Cook pasta per package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pan you were cooking it in. **IF THE PASTA GETS TOO DRY AND IS HARD TO SERVE, ADD RESERVED PASTA WATER A TABLESPOON AT A TIME TILL YOU CAN SERVE THE PASTA.**
When dry, place pasta on warm plates and top each serving with desired amount of sauce.
- Grate desired amount of parmesan on sauce.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with garlic bread and a simple salad.