BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI
- 4 Tbsp
- evoo, divided
- medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 2 clove
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning, dried
- cup each~fresh oregano, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme
- 28 oz can(s)
- diced tomatoes~**do not drain**~
- salt and pepper to taste
- cup basil, julienned
- fresh grated parmesan (not the kind in the green can)
- 1 lb
- dry spaghetti or angel hair pasta
How to Make BLONDIE'S LIGHT AND EZ SPAGHETTI
- 1In a stock pot, put about 4 qts of water and heat on med-hi. Cover. This can be coming to the boil while you are making the sauce.
- 2In a deep skillet, heat evoo on med-hi till shimmery. Add onion; saute about 3 minutes, stirring constantly till opaque. Add garlic and lower heat to med. Stir constantly for one minute so it doesn't burn.
- 3Add fresh herbs to onion and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes. It will get very aromatic.
- 4Add tomatoes and allow to simmer till most of juice has evaporated.
Add fresh julienned basil and stir about 15 seconds. Remove pan from heat and cover.
- 5Cook pasta per package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain in a colander. Return pasta to the pan you were cooking it in. **IF THE PASTA GETS TOO DRY AND IS HARD TO SERVE, ADD RESERVED PASTA WATER A TABLESPOON AT A TIME TILL YOU CAN SERVE THE PASTA.**
When dry, place pasta on warm plates and top each serving with desired amount of sauce.
- 6Grate desired amount of parmesan on sauce.
- 7SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with garlic bread and a simple salad.