★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cmacaroni, elbow
1 lblean hamburger
3 Tbspolive oil, light
1 jar(s)spaghetti sauce, 24 oz.
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes
1 Tbspbrown sugar, light
3 pinchblack pepper
1 tspdry basil
1 cmozzarella cheese, low-fat
1 cbread crumbs/mixed with a little lt. olive oil
BAKED MACARONI CREOLE CASSEROLE
How to Make Baked Macaroni Creole Casserole
- Cook macaroni, drain and set aside.
- In olive oil cook hamburg and garlic. break up to a crumble.
- when hamburger is cooked thru, drain and return to stove.
- Add spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, brown sugar, black pepper and basil to hamburger mixture.
- Simmer on low covered about 20 minutes.Uncover and cook another 10 minutes if you like a thicker sauce.
- Mix macaroni into sauce mixture.
- In a 13X9 dish put 1/2 macaroni/sauce mixture.Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over,then add last half of macaroni/sauce mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs with olive oil to moisten and spread over top.
- bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. So Good!!