After the rent is paid
This is the low cost dinner I made as a single mom of two growing boys. It's filling and provides a lot of nutrients. This recipe is a tribute to my little Italian mama who recently passed on. She was born and raised in Trieste, Italy. Mangia!
1 pkgpasta noodles (small shell noodles are best)
1 pkgfrozen green peas
2 tspsalt (in water for cooking noodles)
2 Tbspparmesan cheese
2 Tbspbutter or margarine or olive oil
How to Make After the rent is paid
- Cook and drain bacon. Cut into bite size pieces. Can use more bacon, if needed.
- Boil noodles according to pkg directions. Be sure to add salt to the boiling water.
- Cook small package of frozen peas according to pkg directions. Fresh peas are also fine. Not canned peas, though - too mushy.
- Drain cook peas and noodles.
- Mix bacon, cooked noodles, and peas together
- Stir in butter, or if you prefer, margarine or olive oil.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.