Savory Mushroom, Spinach & Cheese Crepes
Joanne Cavallone Corse
3 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1-1/4 lbs.mushrooms,rinsed, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 8 cups on any combination of white button, shitake, oyster, portabello, chanterelles, or whate)
1/4 cupfresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 Tbspfresh thyme leaves
1garlic clove, finely chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
1(10) ounce) package fresh spinach, washed stemmed & coarsley chopped
5 ozgoat cheese, crumbled
2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
How to Make Savory Mushroom, Spinach & Cheese Crepes
- 1. Make crepes if using homemade & set aside
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet until hot enough to sizzle a slice of mushroom. Add the mushrooms all at once and cook, stirring over medium-high heat until they begin to brown, About 10 minutes.
4.Stir in parsley, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Reduce heat to medium and stir in the spinach. Cover & cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
6. Uncover & add the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
7. Spoon mixture down the center of each crepe. Roll up crepes and arrange side by side in a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
8. Cover pan with foil and heat until cheese, about 15 minutes.
9. Serve warm
There are so many variations that you can do, it is endless. Do you see where I'm going with this? I have several that I want to post. We love them. I hope you enjoy them also. Let me know. Thanks