Pistou Provencal (South of France vegetable soup)- Hearty, delicious, simple!
This is a guaranteed success recipe! And best of all you probably have the majority of the items on hand!
I have this written down in my recipes, but couldn't say where I got it from.
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, peeled and crushed
- leek, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 8 oz
- carrots, scraped and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 can(s)
- garbanzo beans/chickpeas (standard 14 oz can)
- 5 c
- vegetable stock (home made or store bought)
- tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 c
- small pasta shapes of your choice (mini shells are my fave!)
- 1/4 c
- pesto (home made or a quality store bought)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese (vegans, use nutritional yeast on top instead of parmesan)