Mushroom Omelette- open-faced
- 1/2 lb
- sliced mixed fresh mushrooms, criminis and wild chanterelles
- 1 large
- yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- extra-virgin olive oil
- scallions, trimmed and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp
- red-wine vinegar
- 8 large
- eggs plus 1 tablespoon water
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 5 sprig(s)
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Mushroom Omelette- open-faced
- 1Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth, trim stems, and slice. Cook onions with sugar in oil in a 9-inch skillet over low heat until caramelized, about 30 minutes. Add mushrooms, scallions, garlic and vinegar and cook another 10 minutes. Remove half the mixture and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350^. Whisk eggs with 1 Tablespoon of water in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Turn heat up to medium-low; add eggs to mushroom mixture in skillet. Tilt pan and use a wooden spoon to gently draw the uncooked egg toward center of skillet.
When eggs are still a bit runny, top with parsley and reserved mushroom mixture; finish omelette in the oven, about 3 minutes. Serve at once!