Caramel Crusted French Toast
I didn't have any Panko handy but what I did have was a box of FiberOne Caramel Delight cereal, so I crushed some up and used it as the coating for my french toast and OMG it was fantastic. It was sweet,crunchy, and didn't even need added sugar or syrup. It also added a lot of fiber to the dish.
I hope you enjoy it!
2 cmilk. (whole, 2%,1% - your choice)
2 - 3eggs, lightly beaten into the milk
1 Tbspvanilla extract
3 ccrushed caramel delights cereal
·butter or cooking spray ( i prefer the butter )
6 - 8 slicebread
How to Make Caramel Crusted French Toast
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and set aside
- crush the cereal in a large freezer bag with a rolling pin till crumbs are the size you like...and put them on a plate.
- heat butter in a sauce pan (test by dropping water on the pan, when the droplet dances it's ready)
- dip bread into egg mixture till well coated, then crust with the crushed cereal... put in the pan and lightly fry on both sides till the french toast is cooked through.
- Place on a warm plate with a pat of butter and serve Bon Appetit!