Zesty Tilapia with Mushrooms
·1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms(or use white mushrooms, saute in butter olive oil and fresh garlic)
·2 tablespoons butter
·2 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia, halved
·kosher salt to taste
·ground black pepper to taste
·1 tablespoon lemon zest
·2 limes, juiced
·2 green onions, chopped
How to Make Zesty Tilapia with Mushrooms
- Place dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with enough warm water to cover. Soak 20 minutes, or until rehydrated, and chop.(or use white mushrooms, saute in butter,fresh garlic and olive oil)
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place tilapia in the skillet, and season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 the lemon zest. Pour half the lime juice over the tilapia, and continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Flip the tilapia, and season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest, and cover with remaining lime juice. Stir remaining butter, green onions, and porcini mushrooms into the skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- **** This fish goes well with white rice, brown rice, long grain or wild rice,salad.
- cooking method- skillet-cooking time total-45 minutes