2 can(s)(5 to 6 oz each)white chunk tuna
1 mediumwhite onion
1/2 cdill pickle chips
2ribs of celery
2 or more largehard boiled eggs
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make TUNA SALAD (SALLYE)
- Peel onion and cut into quarters.
Clean celery and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces.
Place pickle chips in strainer and drain into bowl
- Place onions, celery and drained pickle chips in food processor. Pulse until finely minced. Set aside.
- Peel boiled eggs and mash eggs with potato masher or fork.
- Drain tuna and place in mixing bowl.
Add one tablespoon of mayonnaise and mix to blend.
- Add minced onions, celery and pickle chips to tuna
Add mashed eggs to tuna.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add another tablespoon of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of reserved pickle juice.
Mix until well blended.
If tuna is too dry, add just a dollop more mayo. Don't overdo it or tuna will end up "runny".