- 2 can(s)
- (5 to 6 oz each)white chunk tuna
- 1 medium
- white onion
- 1/2 c
- dill pickle chips
- ribs of celery
- 2 or more large
- hard boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make TUNA SALAD (SALLYE)
- 1Peel onion and cut into quarters.
Clean celery and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces.
Place pickle chips in strainer and drain into bowl
- 2Place onions, celery and drained pickle chips in food processor. Pulse until finely minced. Set aside.
- 3Peel boiled eggs and mash eggs with potato masher or fork.
- 4Drain tuna and place in mixing bowl.
Add one tablespoon of mayonnaise and mix to blend.
- 5Add minced onions, celery and pickle chips to tuna
Add mashed eggs to tuna.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- 6Add another tablespoon of mayonnaise and a teaspoon of reserved pickle juice.
Mix until well blended.
If tuna is too dry, add just a dollop more mayo. Don't overdo it or tuna will end up "runny".